How do I fix DLL problems with IE and Windows Media Player?

Favorite Answer

If I were you I would upgrade both of them. There is a new release of Windows Media Player as of yesterday. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to IE 7.

dll problems occur either because the dll is corrupt (damaged) or it is in conflict with another program that you have installed.

Try the upgrade and go from there.

This means that the copy of Windows installed on your computer is pirated. If you purchased the computer with the OS installed, you need to contact the manufacturer. If they don't help you, contact Microsoft, since Microsoft will threaten them with legal action. If you legally purchased the operating system and have proof of this, contact Microsoft and they should be able to help you. If you downloaded the operating system off Limewire or a torrent or something like that, then you're paying for downloading software illegally. The only way to fix it in this case is to purchase a legal copy. But as long as it knows your OS is illegal, it will not allow you to download updates from Microsoft.

If this is windows xp go to the run menu and type in sfc /scannow and press enter, this will scan all of your system files and replace any that are either missing or damaged. Make sure you have your xp cd handy.

Source(s): HTH