Will a dvd recorder record a dvd onto a blank disc?

And if it will, does anyone know how to hook it up so it record it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your question is illogical. Did you mean DVD "Player". If so, the answer is no.

• 1 decade ago

Are you asking how to make a copy of a commercially recorded film on DVD onto another normal blank DVD ? The answer is WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY. You need some sort of computer program to BREAK the protection code on the original. I know it can be done because I have seen one of the latest films on a normal home DVD disc.

• 1 decade ago

yes, but you need the proper software suite to do it. If this is a consumer drive rather than one that fits into a computer, you should be able to record directly from the TV or Cable Box out ports to your DVD-R in ports. Just make sure you have the right blank DVD disc. There are four types of burners and 3 types of disks. DVD-R, DVD+r and DVD+-R and DVD-RAM. If you ahve a -R player it will only work with -R disks, just like +R only works with +R. A +-R burner works with either +R or -R discs, and a -RAM burner works with all of the discs, including -RAM discs, which are rewritable.

Lastly there are two different kinds of DVDs, dual layer and single layer. A single layer burner cannot use a double layer disc, but a double layer burner can do both single layer and double layer

• 1 decade ago

generally in the models i have encountered they are specifically designed so u cant do that, i would sugest getting a dvd burner for ur pc and looking up a disk shrink programe to make the dvds fit on the blank dvds that u buy from the store.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a blank DVD disc

• 1 decade ago

it will but it has to be a dvd-r

• 1 decade ago

it shuld if not its broken

• 1 decade ago

yes and no.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.