rach asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Lasik while pregnant?

I had been planning on getting lasik eye surgery in January. But I found a few weeks ago I am pregnant. I am now 10 weeks. Can you get the surgery while pregnant or is it best to wait??

Favorite Answer

Lasik and Laser eye surgery have become very common now. My cousin got her dental implants and lasik surgery in India by a company called Forerunners Healthcare. The Price for dental and lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient stories.

They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India. as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

Many patients travel from United States of America and UK to get low cost surgery in India. Indian corporate hospitals are comparable to hospitals anywhere in the world. In fact, India has medical facilities that are comparable with the USA, UK and Canada. India offers World Class Medical Facilities, comparable with any of the western countries. India has state of the art Hospitals and the best medical experts. With the best infrastructure, the best possible Medical facilities, accompanied with the most competitive prices, you can get the treatment done in India at the lowest prices.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com/

Hope this helps.

It would be best to wait. During pregnancy and even nursing, your vision fluctuates. Some women do LASIK while nursing, but there are certain eye drops (anti-inflammatory drops that contain steroids - harmful for baby) that you would not be able to use while nursing.

Best thing to do is to wait until 3 months after delivery or after you're done nursing.

Source(s): I work @ a LASIK center.

I would wait because they use medicines and stuff on the eye that could go to your baby. Also my eye doctor told me that your eye sight can change while pregnant from the hormones. It's probably best to wait until after you have the baby and if you are breatfeeding, after you have stopped nursing your baby.

You should probably wait now until after the baby is born. It wouldn't hurt you or your baby or anything, but when you are pregnant your vision CAN change a bit. If you have the procedure, your vision may not be completely fixed, or it may go back to poor vision after you deliver.

The doctor wouldn't even allow to have surgery during pregnancy. They would suggest to wait till after the pregnancy to continue with whatever medical procedures are needed.

You will need to wait. Your eyes will more than likely change during pregancy... and the doctors will not do it anyway... Best to you!

I think it would be best to wait b/c maybe something can go wrong and anything bad can happen

Ask the doctor who is going to be doing the sugery. No one on here is really going to know.

call the doctor

Source(s): ask them both