What are the two lines under your nose called?

I know that there is a name . I once knew the answer and now I can't think of it. My wife and I were talking the other day and the topic came up and I couldn't remember the name. thanks!

5 Answers

  • Takfam
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The space between the nose and mouth is called the philtrum (sometimes spelt philtrim). The central depression under your nose is called the philtral dimple, and the ridges are called philtral columns. The word is Greek in origin and means “magic potion”. An old wives’ tale has it that the philtrum is a mark left by an angel’s finger at the moment of a baby’s birth

    Source(s): Google search (some forum post)
  • 1 decade ago

    I call the one on the left

    Frederick the Great

    and the one on the right


  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Booger Lines,, Snot Dribbles.

  • 1 decade ago


  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • SNAP!
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    philtrum (i may have mispelled)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.