how is a colonoscope done ??

I had one but I was put to to sleep. do the put clamps to hold your bum wide open or do they jus hold it open ??? how many tubes go up your bum ???? please only serious answers. thankyou xx

Favorite Answer

Yes, you are put to sleep and you don't feel anything. They have a scope with a camera on it that goes into your rectum and up through your large and small intestines. This allows them to see all sides of it and to see if there are any polyps or cancerous tumors that need removed. If need be, they will remove them at that time.

My sister and I had one on the same day and they found she had colon cancer. She had to have surgery within days and they removed a tumor the size of a cantelope and 4 smaller ones the size of lemons. They ended up removing the whole left side of her colon but she is doing great now! We give all the praise to God and to the Doctor. She is cancer free now.

you will be sedated in most cases. then a small tube is pushed up into your rectum. they don't need to hold it wide open. and only one tube is put up there.

They use a tube that has a fiber optic scope on it and gently insert it into your rectum. It has a camera so they can see your insides of your rectum as the insert it.

I believe the unit is self contained in a single tube and they just, well, erm... shove it where it needs to go.