How long is a common cold?

If you have a cold, how long does it suppose to last?

• Favorite Answer

Depends on way to much to tell a straight answer.

In my esperience a cold being a viral infection should last only 5 days.This will depend on your general physical condition ie. if your immunity is low eg. post operation or if you suffer from bronchitis, and your age plus how you look after yourself whilst you have a cold.

Recently an article I read stated that our grandmothers were right to.wrap up when you go out in the cold, to dry yourself well if you get wet as these bugs lie dormant until your body temperature goes down. Fact?Fiction? True for me as I have not had a cold for 3 years

Source(s): Article in newspaper / medical journals

4-7 days. I would suggest taking Airborne at first sign of a cold. I am a vocalist and we think highly of them. Also, I haven't tried it, but, Zycam is supposed to reduce cold time. Worth a shot.

I hope that helps you!

3-7 days

At least 2 days (if you take care of yourself), if you don't at least 5 days.

how ever long u want it to be HAHAHAHAHAHA!