Ge asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Which is the weakest album by the Beatles?

I think Yellow Submarine Soundtrack

I just realized by some of the answers that inmature people are allowed to use the computer

• Favorite Answer

There arent any.................. they are all fantastic

Although every album by the Beatles is fantastic, the weakest would have to be Beatles For Sale. this album was rushed and written during 1964 when their tour schedule was the most hectic that it had ever been. The fab four were clearly tired, and this effort shows none of the growth and progression that all of their other albums have. In addition, many of the songs are standards, and the only real notable song is "Eight Days a Week" which was originally released as a single and put on the album as an afterthought. However, all of their albums after 1964, meaning Help-Abbey Road, are incredible albums and it is even more amazing when you think that they were the first to think of music like this.

Edit note- You cant consider Yellow Submarine because it was a soundtrack to a movie, and half of the album is compositions written by George Martin. I'm assuming by album you mean LP, and this soundtrack is not an LP

Source(s): en.wikipedia.org/beatles_for_sale

The weakest album. I may have to agree about the white album. Althought I do like a lot of the things on it. I like the magical mystery tour and I like rubber soul. I also love the collection albums of the red and the blue. Great songs and great sound. Todays kids just don't understand why the beatles were soooo important to todays music legacy.

Despite the fact there are some good tunes on it (Revolution for example), my vote would go to the so-called "White Album" which isn't really all that much of a Beatles album. It's more a collection of solo tunes from each member of the group and not that many "Beatles" tunes. And, let's not forget it has that ridiculous "Revolution No. 9" on there which isn't even music, but some self-indulgent piece of crap from John and Yoko.

Let it Be----they were just sounding TOTALLY uninspired through out those sessions. And it would figure, since it pretty well chronicled the evants that led up to their break up. Many people fault Phil Spector for some of his touches to it, but John Lennon once said he though that Phil took recordings of a lot of "unlistenable crap" and made it sound bearable.

Source(s): PS to Ge---those are the same people that can't stand to hear a beat that didn't come out of a "drum machine"!

Like them all. But on the last one, I think they were beginning to lose steam.

BTW, the new release "LOVE" is absolutely fantastic. What Sir George Martin and his Son did was incredible.

the white album

I agree with all of them. I really don't like the Beatles at all.

All of them

they are all weak, just like the hippies that listen to that sh1t.