Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

life-style CHANGES?

ok i'm done being a depressed mess, time to get off my booty and do something about it!

today shall be my first day

i will bring lunch to work every day (salad+ something yummy on the side+fruit)

i will try my hardest to drink 8 glasses of water

i will try my hardest to work out every mon-fri NO MATTER WHAT

i will drink lots of green tea and take green tea pills

i will try my hardest to be healthier and take the best care of myself that i can and look my best while i'm young.

i will go from 150 pounds to 125-130!

any other suggestions that could help would be SOOO appreciated!

Favorite Answer

wonderful, looks like you have a nice plan

for yourself..

now, suggestions huh, well, try and relax

each moment you can, if you can meditate

do it when ever there is time, clear your

sweet mind out of all thoughts & sit in the

quiet of the moment, either think of one

object, a flame, running water, or try &

think of nothing, just a clear mind to relax

your inner essence........

gOOd luck & i hope you reach your goal,

although i am very sure you are still beautiful

the way you are, but, there is always room

for whatever your feelings tell you you need

for yourself .......

wOw,

so you could even be hotter than ye is !! ((( lol )))

• Amanda

Make a plan that will stick. Your plan is a map that will guide you on this journey of change. You can even think of it as an adventure. When making your plan, be specific. Want to exercise more? Detail the time of day when you can take walks and how long you’ll walk. Write everything down, and ask yourself if you’re confident that these activities and goals are realistic for you. If not, start with smaller steps. Post your plan where you’ll most often see it as a reminder. Start small. After you’ve identified realistic short-term and long-term goals, break down your goals into small, manageable steps that are specifically defined and can be measured. Is your long-term goal to lose 20 pounds within the next five months? A good weekly goal would be to lose one pound a week. If you would like to eat healthier, consider as a goal for the week replacing dessert with a healthier option, like fruit or yogurt. At the end of the week, you’ll feel successful knowing you met your goal. Change one behavior at a time. Unhealthy behaviors develop over the course of time, so replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy ones requires time. Many people run into problems when they try to change too much too fast. To improve your success, focus on one goal or change at a time. As new healthy behaviors become a habit, try to add another goal that works toward the overall change you’re striving for. Involve a buddy. Whether it be a friend, co-worker or family member, someone else on your journey will keep you motivated and accountable. Perhaps it can be someone who will go to the gym with you or someone who is also trying to stop smoking. Talk about what you are doing. Consider joining a support group. Having someone with whom to share your struggles and successes makes the work easier and the mission less intimidating. Ask for support. Accepting help from those who care about you and will listen strengthens your resilience and commitment. If you feel overwhelmed or unable to meet your goals on your own, consider seeking help from a psychologist. Psychologists are uniquely trained to understand the connection between the mind and body, as well as the factors that promote behavior change. Asking for help doesn’t mean a lifetime of therapy; even just a few sessions can help you examine and set attainable goals or address the emotional issues that may be getting in your way. Making the changes that you want takes time and commitment, but you can do it. Just remember that no one is perfect. You will have occasional lapses. Be kind to yourself. When you eat a brownie or skip the gym, don’t give up. Minor missteps on the road to your goals are normal and okay. Resolve to recover and get back on track.

I don't have an answer, but I'd like to follow what you are doing! I'm starting to think the same way as you, your goals are very very similar to mine. Maybe we could do this kinda together or something! Like keep a diary of what we actually do and e-mail to each other or something...might sound corny, but it might work!

I think that you have the right attitude. I'm a depressed mess too. I wish that I had your attitude maybe I would feel better if I do those things.

Follow your plan and if you trip up and "cheat" one day, don't beat yourself up over it. Just continue on. Surround yourself with positive people and images. Possibly look into a yoga or tai chi class. Good luck!!!

my only suggestion is start after new years too many temptations and too much stress around holidays also after new years you will find much support with people ready to do the same.....never mind nothing your trying to do is too dramatic your being smart making reasonable changes easily implemented start today and good luck

Lots of sexercise.This is also good burning calories to increase your metabulism,more energy more sex.Your mind will feel

contentment,bliss,pleasure which best of all:you will sleep better.

Source(s): 25yers experience

I don't know...I'm still jealous over the fact that you're the hottest girl in the world.

that's an extremely wonderful decision..

gudluck 2u & may u always b happy in ur life!!!

God bless & Merry Christmas!!!

yeah, stick to the items on the list. lol I wish you the best.