how is co2 compressed?

how is it compressed

Favorite Answer

CO2 can be compressed using any of the conventional compressors such as piston type, screw type, centrifugal, vane type. The quantity and suction and discharge conditions usually determine the type of compressor used.

tehabwa seems to think this answer doesn't address your question. You asked a general question and my answer is general in nature. I have been involved in the compression of CO2 on several occasions including supercritical CO2. If you have a specific question that can be defined in detail, I would be happy to try to answer it.

In gas form, with compressors. If you want to achieve supercritical CO2, then a series of compressors for the gas phase and pumps for the liquid phase.

Like air or any other gas is, with a compressor.

You made me curious, but it seems no one is going to really answer your question.

Maybe remove this question and try again, but don't specify a particular gas, but ask about the process in general.

(I mean "with compressors" -- come ON, people; that ain't no answer!)

the same way as N2

Its cooled i think =S