Is MBA a good thing for a person with architecture & planning background?

I am planning to purse a MBA degree next year. I have about 5 years of work experience as an architect. I would like to switch my career into finance.

How hard/ easy it would be for a graduate with no finance experience to pursue MBA in US.

• Joy M
    Favorite Answer

MBAs come from all sorts of backgrounds, not just business. Having experience outside the business world can actaully be a great benefit for you.

yes.MBA is a good choice with ur background u can get into any construction company and handle their financial department..it doesnt matter what background u have. you are just learning to be a proffessional in management skills when u do ur MBA. only thing is you will have to work hard. i am sure you will!good luck with the decision

Source(s): MBA graduate with finance major and with a microbiology background!!!

An MBA is an excellent degree for anyone, regardless of their background. Just apply to a school that offers it, a financial background is not always necessary.

• NC

Since you want to specialize in finance, your success will ultimately depend on your quantitative skills...

definitely if you want to work independently using your technical skills you have to have managing abilities also