Is MBA a good thing for a person with architecture & planning background?

I am planning to purse a MBA degree next year. I have about 5 years of work experience as an architect. I would like to switch my career into finance.

How hard/ easy it would be for a graduate with no finance experience to pursue MBA in US.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Joy M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

MBAs come from all sorts of backgrounds, not just business. Having experience outside the business world can actaully be a great benefit for you.

• 1 decade ago

yes.MBA is a good choice with ur background u can get into any construction company and handle their financial department..it doesnt matter what background u have. you are just learning to be a proffessional in management skills when u do ur MBA. only thing is you will have to work hard. i am sure you will!good luck with the decision

Source(s): MBA graduate with finance major and with a microbiology background!!!
  • 1 decade ago

An MBA is an excellent degree for anyone, regardless of their background. Just apply to a school that offers it, a financial background is not always necessary.

• NC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Since you want to specialize in finance, your success will ultimately depend on your quantitative skills...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

definitely if you want to work independently using your technical skills you have to have managing abilities also

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.