Is it good when someone calls you "headstrong" when you're trying to prove you're seriousness about something?

I've been trying to prove my seriousness about my love of math to someone, they then made the reference that I was "headstrong", is this a good thing?

Favorite Answer

I think it depends on the inflection in their voice when they say it. Does it sound sarcastic? Does it sound judgmental? Are they mad at you for this?

Well, the following are all synonyms for the word "headstrong", I'll let you come up with the final answer based off of these words: willful, stubborn ,determined, obstinate, impulsive, pigheaded.

I would say it's a good thing. Headstrong is not the same as stubborn. Not exactly. :)

that's a great compliment. being headstrong means that you will concentrate on and accomplish your goal regardless of what conflicts you face. it's just another word for being determined!