Mrs. O asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Can I get rid of heavy highlights?

My hair was highlighted with golden brown. I don't like it anymore. Is there a way to strip it or cover it with a color?

Favorite Answer

use the opp and use low lights thats what i did

• Bella

Prob best to go to the hairdresser,If that's not an option get a color darker than the highlights to cover them,Thy may show through but wont stick out so much

When I wanted to get rid of highlights I had, I used a semi-permanent dye (like Natural instinct) in my real color over them about once a month. That didn't fry my hair anymore, and let me grow them out gradually.

i colored over mine myself with a shade darker than my natural color. it took 2 coloring about a month apart, but they are no longer visible and mine were a very platinum blonde color and my hair is red. I had no issues with my hair being over processed. its actually softer afterwards.

you can go and they can streip color or blend or change it up for you you should go back to the salon and there should be no cost.