How important is ethical behavior in your career?

Have you ever compromised your ethics?

(Results will be use for a research paper)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am a small businessman. I do not chase “one-off” deals but instead rely on return business to sustain my livelihood. My entire business could collapse were I to allow a breach in my integrity. Your words and actions must be congruent with one another and you must value your character more than your profit, or you will have neither.

• 1 decade ago

I've been selling real estate for two years. As a Realtor, I am regulated not only by laws, but also code of ethics. A major violation could result in license suspension or revocation, or even jail. I have never compromised my ethics for two reasons. First, I don't want to break the law. Second, when I go to sleep, I want to know that everything I did was right. In my business, the more honest you are with your clients about the house or real estate market, the more they respect you. That leads to more referrals and future business.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm a journalist, so it's very important because trust is important. Unethical behavior makes the public lose trust in the media.

I've not compromised my ethics.

• Very, there is so much race discrimination going on right now. The everyday Joe is looking for some one, anyone to sue. Folks ar too lazy to work & ar looking for "free money!" Be careful you don't want to be a stastic!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Very important in my chosen field.

I'm studying to become a lawyer. If I commit certain unethical acts, I can forever lose a law license.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.