Why do some people have absolutely no respect for others' marriage vows?

Not too long ago, someone at work suggested that I ought to go out on a date with a coworker. When I told her that this coworker was married, she just said, "So?" Why is it that some people think it's acceptable to screw around with those who are married or otherwise taken? Don't get me wrong. I'm no paragon of virtue. I once had a brief affair with someone who had a live-in girlfriend, and I'm certainly not proud of that. (And I'll certainly never do it again!) However, why do some people not take into consideration the sanctity of others' unions?

Favorite Answer

I don't know there are a lot of scandals people out there that don't care about the holy union of marriage. This is why half of marriages end in divorce nobody cares anymore. I believe when you get married it is for life and not to be taken lightly. But it does take two and the guy in your situation should not be looking for dates. Either way all people should respect marriage as a life long commitment.

Everyone is different and their beliefs differ as well. Whether you like it or not some people don't see marriage as anything more than a glorified "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship. With how almost fashionable it is to divorce you really can't blame people for thinking that the sanctity of marriage is no more.

Remember when people are single they only have to take care of themselves. In many ways they are selfish. Even in relationships single people are selfish and learn to co-exist with someone.

All I can say is that our society has changed & morals went out the window. Some people honor their marriage & the other 85% are heading for big trouble.

Because they have no morals or a conscience and think that the person that loves them isn't going to be hurt. But they are WRONG!!! People are idiots!!!

More importantly why are people in these committed relationships not respecting the vows they made!

If Angelina wants to sleep with me and doesn't care about her commitment to Brad, why should I care? She made the promise.

Anyway, that's the basic logic.

You should responded to her, "So, I have better morals than you do. If you have a problem with that, too bad. Deal with it."

• Monet

some people are rude with no manners

• ?

it takes two to tango sweetie

some do, some don't! that's life!

everybody's perception of life is different!