Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Would you let a Doctor, who's knowledge was limited to a 2000 year old text perform open heart surgery on you?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Doctor Who's been around for millenia!!

• 1 decade ago

Does limited to a 2000 year old text mean that he doesn't know anything about Medicine or the human body. If that is the case then I wouldn't.

• Doug
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yeah. would you let a doctor who's knowledge was limited to modern unproven theories only and nothing of the past perform open heart surgery on you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes as long as he were a cardiologist and I needed the surgery. No if the book were a medical journal on how to perform surgery.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Christian Science folks don't accept medical care; same for some other true christians. The rest just don't put that much faith in god. They don't TRULY believe that god and Jesus provide for them. They don't TRULY believe in the power of prayer.

God gave them their illness and they try to subvert his will by trusting a doctor who may even be an atheist! They trust an atheist doctor before they trust god.

• 1 decade ago

I would let that doctor if he is my only chance to survive. Besides, most of ancient medical practices were as good as those of today. The only thing is that, you will feel more pain from the ancient doctor, than that of doctors nowadays.

• 1 decade ago

Of course not. Jesus said- "it is those which are ill that are in need of a physician".

Would you let a Doctor who has a M.D. and believes in evolution and hates God tell you that there is no hell.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only if you pretended your hands were guided by Jesus and I was a typical 'head in the sand' christian.

• 1 decade ago

No, but God's word is never changing, medicine is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would not allow any Dr. to do anything to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.