?
Lv 6

Where should I go?

I'm 23 and planning to go abroad for six months for life experience and such. What are good places to go from your experience. (I am from the UK)

Update:

Thanks for the useful input Khatra z

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Whats type experience would you like? Being from the UK I assume you've had a complete European experience (ie: Amsterdam, Paris, Italy, etc...)

Personally if I were in your shoes, I'd go somewhere in Asia, maybe Tokyo, Japan, they are going to be the next world super power.

Also I'd consider Africa, I don't know much about it so I'm not sure how it could impact you. (I do know that the British have a historical influence of Africa so it may not have very much impact).

If you going to choose America, I can be allot more helpful (I'm from the U.S.)

There is Always the city of lights, New York City. Metropolitan, Busy, crowed, never sleeps, a city like no other.

There's fabulous Las Angelas California, with Hollywood, beautiful people and bad air quality.

There Texas, (Houston, Dallas, Austin) All three cities are completely different, I research before I choose one. Austin has a college/party feel to it, Dallas is the more metropolitan and work oriented, and Houston is an example of Urban sprawl.

And the one of a kind New Orleans, LA the city speaks for itself. If it ain't in New Oreleans it don't exist. (Katrina has damaged the city BUT I have been recently, it's up and running. Most of the damage is in parts of the city tourist don't go).

Of course there is Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, each city has a different feel.

• 1 decade ago

Try traveling. I know the UK is great but try somewhere that doesn't have a starbucks to really get life experience. Or maybe taking a six month train ride/bus ride all around Europe. If it is life experience you want though I would suggest going somewhere that doesn't have a starbucks. I've been to Russia/UK/France/Netherlands/Latvia and more and would have to say that places like Latvia and Russia had the best people and experiences for me. I loved it. And to get the best experience...EMERSE yourself in the culture!!! I am serious...don't go somewhere and eat at McDonalds or something. When I was in Russia I ate caviar and when I was in England I at lamb and had tea with milk(which is amazing) and custard and chip butties so just try their culture and not hold on to your own. Have fun!

• 1 decade ago

Would you like to experience a totally different way of living? Perphaps Singapore, Austrailia, Greece, etc. Maybe working on a ship. Or a missions trip. Sounds like a wonderful chance of a lifetime. Be safe & enjoy yourself.

• 1 decade ago

I would say not Odessa, TX, because it is a desert here, nothing to do, except hockey in the winter, and high school football. :)

I know you'll find something grand to do, though!

Sorry I'm not more helpful, a bit distracted with some issues.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it depends on what kind of a person you are. I enjoyed going to Paris, but I am from the US. I don't know why... but I think that you would like somewhere in the tropics.

• 1 decade ago

Bosnia,Egypt,Tahiti,Hawai,Australia,New Zealand,Croatia and Serbia!!!

Source(s): Bosnia,Croatia and Serbia are great I there!
  • 1 decade ago

i will go to Tokyo Japan

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont know sorry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.