jennifer asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Do you have troble handling a job because of your panicattacks and how do you get through them at worK?

Favorite Answer

I saw a doctor and got on Celexa and it worked very well. One thing I used to do is take 5 minutes to concentrate on breathing and count in my head. It's definately not easy. Letting other coworkers know of your problem eleviates some of the stress as well.

Yes, I just started a 200k yr job and quit due anexity/panic attack. I feel very bad now. If it is a good job dont let it control you or you will be hating yourself like me. Say that you plan to be there 2 yrs 5yrs or however long you want to be there and subconsiously it will help and you will put aside the panaic attacks because you know that you will be there for that time so quitting will not be an option. That is what i did for my last job and it worked.

i have had so much trouble at work due to anxiety attacks and i was always being kicked out or the atmosphere just got too uncomfortable to handle,then i would quit.i used to experience adrenaline surges and jerk or jump and i tried looking for diffrent types of jobs that would 'fit' but to no avail.anyway i got signed off work and now receive incapacity benefit.wishing you all the best.

My problen isn't panic attacks but chronic fatique and memory loss just got to get up and moving forward.

• SNAP!

anxiety and depression keep me from working right now (and going out of the house even)....i hope it doesn't get that bad for you....i know for panic relaxation techniques like deep breathing are often encouraged....good luck