Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the most important philosophical belief in your own mind?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My most important philosophical belief is that everyone deserves to be happy, and anything you can do to spread the most joy is what you need to do. There is no person who does not count. There is no nation that deserves no help. We only have to pick the right people and nations to help so that we do not destroy ourselves in the process.

• 4 years ago

Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Newton, Descarts , Darwin, Hobbs, Rousseau, Voltare, Kant, Machiavelli, Dante, Capernicus, Galileo, St. Augustine, Ovid, Cicero, Marcus Aurilius, Pathagoras, Hesiod, Thomas extra, Erasmus, Euripides, Sophicles, Shakespeare, Apulius, Marx, St. Thomas Aquinus and distinctive extra. somewhat distinctive those historic authors, philosophers, religious figures and poets had wonderful issues to declare.

• 1 decade ago

That one must keep an open mind and constantly revaluate. Not that one shouldnt have beliefs or act upon them, but that they should always subject those beliefs to every new peice of evidence that they aquire and be willing to change them if the evidence warrents it.

As the great prophet Nietzsche said, "Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."

• 1 decade ago

The most IGNORANT philosophical belief is Christless Christianity, which is largely practiced in the mainstream churches of today.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Godel Incompleteness Theorem. It states in mathematical precision the exact nature of the problem of epistemology, which is that we ultimately can know nothing, because at some point, you have to start with an unprovable axiom.

• 1 decade ago

That humans create their own Karma.

• 1 decade ago

That there is one God, that He created me in His image, that I am a fallen creature thanks to Adam, that Jesus came and died so that I might live, that I accept His free gift of Salvation, that He is coming again. Is that more than one?

• 1 decade ago

The one commandment of kahunaism "Harm nothing with hatred".

• jsjmlj
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

survival of the human race

• 1 decade ago

Tolerance. This does not imly acceptance, just that we be tolerant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.