My montitor goes black and I can cannot see anything until I reboot, can someone help?

I have two PCs hooked up through a KVM switch with one monitor for both systems. On one system the monitor works fine, but the on the other system the monitor will go black while I am using it at randem times. The only way I get a picture back is to reboot. I have replaced the cables, the KVM switch, and checked all connections. This problem has not existed in the pasted it just started. Can someone give me an idea of what step I should take next?

Favorite Answer

take the kvm switch off and hook the monitor direct on both systems see if either has that problem if not it's the kvm switch

You should change the resolution of the screen on the pc that doesn't show the image on the monitor. Try to see what resolution you use on the one that works and apply the same values on the one that doesn't work.

your problem is either virtual memory or your monitor needs to be rreplaced you can go to windows help and ask about virtual memory if this does not work sorry

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

"Nevermind those blotches on the ceiling... or the floor... or the sheets... or the walls... or the pillows... or the window sill..." "it truly isn't any longer something somewhat" *casts eyes skyward and seems responsible*