Why is America deprived of the joy of being able to watch the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize on T.V.?

I hear that the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize has thrilled milions around the world but for some reason it has never appeared on American airwaves.

Would America really rather watch a bunch of big fat dudes chasing an elongated ball across a muddy field, then all piling on top of eachother in a homo-sexually charged heap?

Favorite Answer

While I do enjoy watching "a bunch of big fat dudes chasing an elongated ball across a muddy field, then all piling on top of eachother in a homo-sexually charged heap." I really dont understand the lack of attention to the Nobel Peace Prize. That seem like one of the biggest honors any human being could ever recieve.

I guess watching overpaid celebrities being naughty and then getting an award for being a good "singer" is much more entertaining.

I didn't know the Nobel Prize was watched anywhere. If it's thrilled millions, they need to get a life. Watching awards show of any kind is as exciting as watching a bunch of big fat dudes chasing an elongated ball across a muddy field, then all piling on top of each other in a homo-sexually charged heap.

seems like the Nobel Peace Prize award should be on PBS or something. Maybe it's on cable tv somewhere.

To answer your second question, yes Americans would really rather watch sports than the Nobel Peace Prize, like most normal human beings on the planet. Not sure why you feel the need to make a snide comment denigrating football. What's up with that?!?!? Your hostility towards football is scary. I think you should be asking questions on the psycho-therapy about why you feel the need to insult most people's favorite sport in the US.

uh...don't know about your claim.

But the recent Nobel Prizing ceremony was commited to 6 Americans, 1 Turk and 1 Bangladeshi.

Thos 6 Americans must be bright. They were awarded for concluding an equation that surrounded the Big Bang.

Because it is not as interesting as watching the flares of bombs falling on women and children in Iraq in dark nights!

For those who do not know, Nobel peace prize 2006 went to Bangladesh - the 3rd largest Muslim country in the world that has been electing female Prime Ministers for the last fifteen years and will again elect a female PM in Jan/2006.

Oh, this fact of elected women PMs in Muslim countries are not covered in the US media either.

The only one watching it would be you, that's why even PBS doesn't show it. Keep in mind that the rest of the world has such bad TV that the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize is probably a highlight. (Oh, and I don't watch football, either. I don't get as homosexually charged as you do by watching it.)

Sad but we Americans would rather watch a bunch of idiots fight to stay on the Island or a group of people sing their way to a deal so they can sound like everyone else on the pop charts. Sitting down to watch a bunch of smart folks win just does not make for the drama or total lake of brain power it takes to be on TV in America.

Willys cynical thought for the fugging day;

I'd kill for a freaking Nobel Peace Prize!

I guess I just don't give a crap about watching the Nobel Peace Prize on tv. Hell, I don't even care who wins it without it being on tv.

why would we want to watch a bunch of socialists pat each other on the back? We can watch that on any of the hollyweird awards shows.