I know this is stupid, but how can I tell how many GB my hard drive has?

I have Windows XP

• Yoi_55
    Favorite Answer

Double click My Computer then right click your hard drive and go to Properties. You will see a pie chart there explaining how much space you have left.

To view how much each drive letter (properly known as a partition, with some exceptions) has - open my computer, right click on a drive, click properties, pie chart will show total and remaining space in that partition.

To see how much each physical disk holds - open start menu, right click on my computer, click "manage", click "storage" ==> "disk management" on the left panel. Top right panel shows you your "drives" or partitions, bottom right panel shows you your physical disks and where the partitions are stored. Capacity is shown in GB or MB as appropriate; bear in mind that hard drive makers cheat a bit on their ratings and so a disk of 120GB will show up in windows as around 114GB (irrc).

• Brad

1. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop.

2. Right-click the hard drive.

3. Select Properties.

(Late to the party once again.)

Double left click on My Computer

Left click on View

Left click on Details

You should see the size of all drives in your system

Oh, and by the way it ain't stupid. It is just a question.

Double click on your "My Computer" Icon. Right click on your hard drive (usually labeled C:) click on properties. You should see a pie chart with purple and blue sections representing your free and used space. You will also see the overall capacity listed.

open my computer click your hard drive (its usually drive c but if its partitioned drive d appears click both then add those thats the total of your hard drive) then look at the bottom of the window left side.

open my computer highlight your hard drive and look at the bottom of the window left side

• In My Computer, right click on C: and go to properties. it will say in there.

Hi and welcome,

The other answers are good, but what if you want more info about your PC? What if you want to export that info? Below is a FREE utility that gives you everything you ever needed to know about your PC and then some. Try it and you will always come back to it.

http://www.alexnolan.net/software/sysspec.htm

If this helps please click best answer.

Thanks

Andy

open my computer,right click on hard disk(in most cases it is marked c),then go to properties.