twinkle asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What life messages/lessons have you learned?

I am writing an autobiography and for one of the chapters we have to write about the life lessons/messages we've learned. Well, I am drawing a blank. I would like input. Thank you

Favorite Answer

I'd have a lot to say for this, but these are supposed to be your life lessons. Just think about the things you know are true regarding the world, your morals and values that you base decisions on.. where did these come from, what experiences? Just talk about that and you'll do fine.

• Dovie

I've learned that I cannot control people or what they do or say. I can only control my reactions. I always used to try to make things happen the way I wanted them to. I always pushed or manipulated situations to get my way. I've since learned that the only person I have any control over at all is me! It's also made me less anxious and stressed as I don't have to take responsibility for what others say or do anymore. I guess that's the biggest lesson that I've learned so far, except maybe that it really is true that you get what you give in this world and if you put out hateful or negative matter into the universe, that's what you're going to get back - in spades!

lessons on life are often learnt by reflecting. If you drew a blank then i would say `i am envious`.

I would just be honest in filling in that part of the essay and say there was nothing that has taught me, for the simple reason that I havent lived long enough to reflect on my life.

Get a selection of ages both male and female, and ask them the same question. You will find that you get different answers from each, as everyone takes different things from the same situation. The more you put in, the more you will get out, but if you put nothing in, you will still get something out

Never miss an opportunity you might regret...Like telling someone you love the or chasing a dream. You only have one life to live so you just have one chance.

1.We people are One. We are in all this, together. 2.To love others, you must first love and respect yourself. No selfishness but Love. 3. Somebody up there, can hear us.

• Sara S

That life is short. If you want to eat cake, eat it. In the long run..it doesn't matter if you're skinny or fat. As long as you're happy. And you'll be happy eating cake. So eat it.

If you can't like and accept yourself for who you are, who will?

Perseption is the fundemental aspects of your existence, change it and you can change your life.

You never realize what you have til its gone!!!