had chemo therapy 5 months ago an want to dye my hair what do i use?

i was told by people that i cant use a dye or bleach what else is there

Favorite Answer

Applying DYE is not so important now. Curing your disease is urgent and important, that is why Chemo has been given. I think all your hair have fallen and grown again. Please ask your Oncologist which type of Dye or color you can apply. You have survived the disease. Do not worry about the hair color. People know you are a cancer patient and no one will think bad about you and they will only pity for you. Please consult your Oncologist. Best of luck-

Source(s): -

Hi there,

I had to undergo surgery, chemo, radiation and so on not to long ago. I received a very aggresive chemo, but I had my hair shaved off before chemo, coz I did not want me to see loosing it.

Anyway, I live in one of the hottes countries on earth. So you can imagine, how uncomfortable it feels to wear a wig. As soon, as my hair startet growing again I was thinking what to do, because it was so very, very short. Well, just decided to mak it look like I cut it that short on purpose and dyed it almost white.

Just one tip: if your "first"hair comes out to fussy, shave it off and dye it, when it starts growing again.

You can take the same product what ever you used before. Hairtreatment will not interfere with your healthcondition.

Just make you look like you want to and enjoy LIFE.

You deserve it!

I love color oops!!!! I died my hair blue black last year and it was so black it was crazy but had a lot of blue standing out so I hated it and I bought color oops and my hair instantly in 20 mins was right back to my dirty blonde color! My step mom is a hair stylist and said she had seen nothing like it she was even gonna reccomend itto her clients!!!! Only down fall is u have to use it within the first week of dying ur hair or chances are it won't work like it's suppose to. Hope this helps for another time!

I had chemo just got over the treatments in July, My doc said dye away! So i dyed my hair this month , oh i feel so much better now.......... Its amazing how looking better can make you feel better!!!

Only use natural hair dyes. No chemicals. Go to Organic Authority.com. Before you make your purchase call your physician and ask her or him first. Then proceed. The ingredients listed is what they need to know. Call the manufacturer for the list of ingredients and have them email it to you. Then show the list to your Dr. If he or she approves then use it.

level one clariol is non pernament washes out in 28 shampoo's find it in walmart. consult your Dr. though before applying anything to your hair or body. Sorry about the chemo. Good luck and you will be in our prayers

when I found out that I have breast cancer my family doctor and even my oncologist told me no more dying my hair...have you lost your hair yet from the chemo treatments??...I'd wait and ask your doctor's on what you should do...to tell you the truth everyone loves my hair now...it's all natural...and the gray...just love it

well it's suggested that you can't use dye or bleach but there are certain dyes that aren't that strong and that you can use.

you might check with a reputable hair salon.