I was on the Internet and suddenly all the windows and tabs I had kept open closed for no apparent reason....?

And right afterwards popped by a message box onscreen with an unintelligible meaning. Who is to blame ?? What can I do to prevent this from happening afresh?? ( I use a publicly-shared computer)

Unfortunately, if this happens to be any kind of spambot or sth, I can't do a thing as we can't download nor install nothing as the settings don't allow client users this option > - <

Any other suggestion (apart from giving up on Internet)?

And I can't tinker with Firewall, Ad-aware, nor any other application than Word,Notepad and Firefox (I tend to refrain from using IE)

This can't be memory shortage either. I'm used to have many more applications running smoothly at the same time. I've been logging on this pc since july of 2005 and this is the first time this ever occured

Favorite Answer

It better to open your Internet Firewall to protect spy ware and hacker(or cracker).

But it maybe just because of your memory is full at that time and your Windows is error.

In my case it truly is a glitch contained in this technique. If i do not let the technique of beginning a window/tab end before I click on yet another, then this technique receives puzzled and seems stuck in some type of loop beginning tabs. It in problem-free words takes position after I click issues too with out delay. I somewhat have a mouse with a sticky curler. It doesn't continually do what I intend. in case your situations are different, then it will be yet another problem.

If the PC is publicly shared I would talk with those who maintain the PC. It sounds to me as though there is spyware or malware present on the computer that needs to be removed.

You might suggest Webroot Spysweeper (http://www.webroot.com)/ to assist in correcting the issue.