Tina R asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to purchase a plane ticket online with a bank check instead of a credit card?

Favorite Answer

To keep it simple No! Would suggest if you have the money but no card use a friends card and give them the cash!In response to Gerald's reply I assure you I am right as I do it at least 6 times a year for my daughter.

I believe the only way is a credit card, and as far as I know you will not be able to use a friends card (and pay them the cash), the credit card holder in almost all cases that I know of, must be one of the passengers that the ticket or tickets were bought with. Everytime I've charged a ticket online, the airline requires that the credit card be presented when you check-in, for security and verification purposes. I may be wrong, but I think your best bet would be to use a travel agent, maybe you could quote the online fare and pay a nominal fee to the trave agent. Good Luck!

No. only credit card.