I have a fire ant problem and I wanted to know how can I get rid of them?

Favorite Answer

burn Em thats what i do i light my grass and fire and pooof... gone..

• Hope your problem is in your yard and not in your house! I've used Amdro in the past, and it works all right, but not as quickly as my new favorite solution: Spectracide Fire Ant Mound Destroyer. Spectracide is cheaper, too. The part I don't like about it is that you have to gently spray 1 gallon of water over the application (which goes a foot or two in all directions around each mound). I'm not that patient! Just make sure you follow the recommendations on the back of the bag as far as when to apply and the mound should be dead within 24 hours. It really works! I buy it at the Wal-Mart garden center.

This is the bag to look for: http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCategories/Outdo...

I live in Florida and we have the same problem. There are several different brands of granules you can get from Lowe's, Home Depot, Target or Wal-Mart. They are specifically for fire ant mounds. Just sprinkle over the mounds and about 2-3 feet around them and that should take care of them. Try not to disturb the mounds when you are sprinkling the granules over them. Watch out though, they tend to just relocate to another area of the yard. If this is a problem, you could sprinkle the granules over your whole yard (or use a broadcast spreader), but just be careful if you have kids or pets.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Lowes, walmart etc have items in the lawn and garden area now just for fire ants. I use to pour this on the mounts and place a container over the mount so dogs or cats would not get in the stuff. Good luck

Better minds than ours have been working on this problem for years and there is no surefire extermination. The best you can do is keep didturbing them and trying fire ant killers until you piss them off enough to move out of your general area

You can get rid of ants by using pest control.

I found the information at http://www.pests.in/

There is a powder called Bingle

It cost like 5 bucks at hardware store

Kills them instantly.

www.eazeeclean.com

you must live in Texas...when i lived there i dealt with the little monsters some...wound up calling a professional exterminator...and like magic they disappeared, true enough it did cost a little change, but not terribly bad as i recall, and it was worth every penny and then some.

they are really little monsters, too.

Wage war with them, use "Taro" and "raid" both work well.

they say cinnamon with out sugar will chace them away .