Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists do you faith in the non-existance of a God\Creator?

what makes you monkeys think i am out to change anyone's mind.

• Derek
    Favorite Answer

I have come to the conclusion that God does not exist using logic, reason, religions, and history. I wouldn't say I had faith in God not existing; it's more like a theorem that is accepted to be correct but cannot be proven because you simply cannot test all numbers with it. Mind you, I'm not closed-minded about God. If God appeared to me and said I was wrong, I'd believe in him.

• My buddy Graham is in the wheelchair with a broken back. He will never walk again, the doctors say. If you pray for him to walk again, and he DOES, I will beg God for forgiveness for doubting him.

Until then, I am convinced that you are deluded. Jesus wasn't the son of God, his mother wasn't a virgin, the world is NOT 6000 years old (more like 4.6 billion!).

You are an atheist with regards to Islam, for sure! Not for a second do you believe that Mohammed really went to heaven (via Jerusalem) on a winged horse? So why do you find it so strange that I am a non-believer in Jesus raising Lazarus from death or Mary being impregnated by God?

You can pray what you want. It is all in vain. No amputated leg has ever grown back despite prayer. No cancer has ever been cured by prayer.

You claim the bible is full of miracles. It isn't. What would have been a real miracle is if Jesus knew say the 10 digits of the number Pi, starting at digit 1000 (we can now easily calculate that). He didn't. He was a rather simple guy, who stirred up trouble and got punished for it. Nasty way to go, he didn't deserve it. He had the best intentions, deluded as he was.

Hey you, troll!! Back under the bridge with you!

You want nothing more than to start a flame war. Do you have faith in the non-existence of leprechauns or alchemy?

That doesn't make sense. Do you have faith in the non-existance of all the greek and egyptian gods?

Nope.

If you can find a shred of real evidence supporting it I might change my mind. But you guys have been trying for a while, so i don't expect it.

Yes, I have faith/confidence/assurance/belief that there is no god nor creator.

.

Sure, but that's a very poorly phrased way of saying I don't believe in god.

No one said atheists don't have faith, we just don't have faith in God. That's it.

I have faith in logic and reason and that dictates that I shouldn't believe in God given the lack of evidence.