Is I got a "Congratulation winner" mail through Yahoo true?

I have got a mail by you that I am one of the winner of a lottery conducted by you, but I am in suspicion that is it true or not? Please Confirm me and oblige. Sisam Kumar

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's a scam. Ignore it and delete it.

• 4 years ago

It will be rather unique in some people's routines and activities; on the more common individuals use, the principles will be quite general and generic (albeit name brand products) since accepted methods are hammered out daily with the only variation being improvements and updates in the security software and security products. Really I have not come across any new approaches but the utilities improve while pretty much doing the same things. This will sound silly but it is an example I am going to use anyway (as I am no security expert). If computer viruses start floating down from entrails or rising from crop circles to find their way into our computers, that certainly would be very alien. That is not happening, at least I have not heard of it!

• Mark J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

of coursde its a scam.

what on earth made you think you may have won a lottery IF you haven't bought t ticket

it possible that soem organsiationm m ay organise a raffle where people are entered without their express knowledge and consent.

but do you really think there is soemone out there who has bought a lottery ticket on your behalf, and that oddly enought thtat ticket has won and they want to send you the money...

lets see know, if you had bought a lottery ticket for someone unknown, and if that lottery ticket won wouyld you send an email to them saying they've won a large amount of money. would you? ... no I didn't think so, so why should these be genuine

• 1 decade ago

If u did not by the ticket then u could not have 1 SCAM so just deleted then u will be safe than sorry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are a load of those mails tat come through everyday, the only way u can check whetr there is any competition that you have won is by contacting yahoo themselves

• 1 decade ago

Sorry, but that's an outright scam! Delete the message right away!

• 1 decade ago

it is a scam remember the old saying if it looks to good to be true it probably is

• 1 decade ago

Scam or possible some sort of Scamola

• 1 decade ago

Delete and ignore mate

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Big scam. Do not do anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.