Why do people....?

get on answers and ask US questions about emergency health issues (I cried blood earlier today, i seem to be ok now, what could that be?) when they should be on the phone with the doctor or at the hospital?

i meant "US" as in we the people of yahoo answers :)

Favorite Answer

they are stupid.

Maybe they do not have a doctor to phone. And you wait hours to see a doctor at emergency. And then there is the possibility that the person is male and does not "do" doctors.

Because maybe they cannot get to a doctor right now (or even afford one) and might need some sense of relief temporarily until they can get a hold or to a doctor.

They are usually just trying to get attention. Sometimes they are just bored and amusing themselves laughing that people have the stupidity to put any thought into thier answers. Rarely, they are probably scared and need some serious help.

That's a good question! But...I think many people may have reservations about seeing a doctor or specialist...or maybe they aren't sure if their problems are serious enough to warrant that- and finally I think many people simply want to attention.

Some are just b.s., I'm sure. I sincerely hope that the majority of emergency questions are just tall tales. The other ones that are funny are the 'am I pregnant?" questions.

• ?

They prefer the people from Y!A than a real doctor. Strange but true.

becasue people love drama, or a lot of them do, most of those kind of questions are bs, becasue in reality they would be in the hospital, i met this idiot that told me this story about how he was depressed and all this stuff, when i tried to help he ignored me, wallowing in his self thoathing, people love to be sad, or some of them..people are wierd, and can only help themselves.

You just answered your own question. The are from the US. Look at the leader, the rest will follow.

they believe in the strangers more than the doctors.

because they are doing it to get an reaction. at least that's what i think.