can't access yahoo mail account?

have a yahoo mail account, but unable to access it from laptop using yahoo, firefox etc when trying to check mail. have ie6 and on wireless network at home along with desktop on same wireless net. have no problem using desktop unit to access mail using ie7. anyone have any explanations, or solutions? need the help. not a browser problem. problem is accessing mail account from the laptop, desk access is fine.

Best Answer

Hi,

Sorry, it is just part of the glitch in Yahoo!'s new format.

Thousands are having many different problems with their e-mail.

This applies to almost all areas of mail (including signing in, composing, receiving, sending, attachments, photos, etc.), original and beta mail, messenger and search problems, for the last few weeks.

Yahoo! is wrapping up a few remaining compatibility issues between Yahoo! Mail Beta (beta testing lasts for at least 6 months!!!) and the new Microsoft Internet Explorer 7

1. You will have less problems with original mail if you sign in via Messenger! Go to preferences, general, then check box: Automatically sign me in when I click a Yahoo! link in Messenger.

2. Or if you don't have Yahoo Messenger:

Beta wouldn't let me in so I went to beta help and it said to click on my toolbar mail icon. So I did and it worked!

3. Or if you don't have beta mail:

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/ can be used to sign into Yahoo!, then put yahoo back into the address bar and hit go. It will take you back to Yahoo! and you can open mail normally. Otherwise, you can open mail in wap, but it is blind. I had to go through wap each time I logged in.

4. BETA means TESTING!!!

So, it seems we have to stop using these two programs (if you installed them) or try to work around them until they finish wrapping things up. Your IE6 is still installed, so you just have to go to: Start, settings/control panel, add/remove programs and delete IE7. For Beta mail you only have to use the switch back option located in your mail inbox and where you sign in by clicking on: Are you having trouble?. You can keep trying them periodically!

I hope this helps you.

• Allisa

When I try to access my account and reset my password,, the information in the account with my address is from Europe, not from the USA. I have had this email address for over 8 years. Why is it now it belongs to someone else. I have important information backed up on my yahoo mail files and need access to it.

Cannot access yahoo mail for 2 days in the row. HELP it's important I get to my contacts.

Bernadette (Bernie866@yahoo.com)

here is my account id usmaila@yahoo.com but i am unable to read my mails they keep own asking me security questions i forgot long ago help me out

can't access my yahoo.ca account

i am using a desktop not laptop please i cannot have access to my mail. can u do something to it, it has been is this situation for weeks now.

Good topic, just what I was searching for.