My son is potty training, should I put the potty chair in his bedroom so if he has to go?

in the middle of the night or during his nap, he can go? He has a lock on his door so that he can't come out during naps or during the night & be running around...but what if he has to go potty in the middle of the night? I've been putting diapers on his for sleep time just in case, because he just started... show more in the middle of the night or during his nap, he can go? He has a lock on his door so that he can't come out during naps or during the night & be running around...but what if he has to go potty in the middle of the night? I've been putting diapers on his for sleep time just in case, because he just started the potty chair this past weekend....HELP!!
Update: I don't "lock him up". If i don't have the door locked while we are all asleep, he could come out & get hurt or go out the front door like a friend of mines child has done. He is only 2 1/2.
Update 2: The lock on the outiside pops unlocked when you turn the knob, he will climb over a gate.