How can I break into the energy industry?

I have a BA in Economics and an MS in MIS. I would like to be an Analyst for an energy company like AEP. A friend of mine jsut got a job at AEP and he had only a BS in MIS with a pathetic GPA and had not connections. What can I do to increase my chances of getting picked up by an electric/oil/gas company? Will an MBA help? Can anyone name some other energy companies I can look at? I'm so depressed about life because I'm stuck in a dead end job. HELP :-(

Favorite Answer

I am right there with you but I only have a BA economics/accounting. To your question, have you tried getting in with a staffing/consulting company whose clients include oil and gas companies? Seems like many IT people work for these outfits and once you get some industry experience you would have a much better chance.

As of now image voltaic power is the perfect source of different power yet truly it costs larger than the present ones. So in case you could invent some recent technologies to make image voltaic panels that may produce more advantageous power in low fee then this is going to likely be the perfect way that you'll get into this market. each and each and every of the perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep digging, unfortunately when people get those jobs they don't give them up. You will just have to be "in the right place at the right time".