Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do you think of Margaret Hamilton's performance in the Wizard of Oz?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MargaretHamilto...

She was the Wicked Witch of the West.

Will anyone ever out-do her ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamilton

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No one will ever out-do her. She is the classic. I've seen her in other movies too. She always plays a snotty old crab. She's kind of got the nose for it, unfortunately. She sure scared the buhjeezus out of me as a little kid. haha

She was a superb witch. Unfortunately also, it type cast her as mean, to where she could never play even kind old maids or moms.

Trivia; Did you happen to know that she was horribly burned by accident in that scene where she first appears in Oz and goes away in a puff of smoke and fire? Yes, she was out for a few weeks due to facial burns and had to do her single shots behind schedule.

• 1 decade ago

No! Margaret Hamilton will forever go down in history as the first and best Wicked Witch of the West. Idina Menzel is a fantastic Wicked Witch of the West in Wicked, but she does the part fabulously in her own way.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

There will on no account be one more 'witch' in any film larger than Margaret Hamilton. She used to be even a 'witch' as Miss Gulch. "Wanna play ball, Scarecrow?" "I'm melting...........i am melting..............."

• Dragon
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

She was terrific. Nobody will ever outdo her performance. Ironically, she almost didn't take the part because she feared that people (especially children) would hold it against her personally & wouldn't like her. It turned out to be her most memorable performance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She was perfect in that role and if anyone tries to out do her it would be criminal. Some things should be left in perfection and not fooled with.

• 1 decade ago

Not a chance... she was spectacular. One in a million performance.

• 1 decade ago

She was a great actress for a witch.

Perhaps Hillary Clinton could out-do her. lmao!

She'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

• 1 decade ago

i think she was amazing...i don't think anyone would impress me as much as she did.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.