I am majoring in biology but I want to get a job in film and television...how do I do that?

I am in my second year majoring in biology and I have taken many science classes. But what I really want to do is go in to film. I've heard what you major in doesn't matter, so assuming that, how do I get a job, after getting my BS in bio, working in film and television?

Favorite Answer

It doesn't matter what you major in, but you better have some experience before making such a leap. I suggest you look for internships or minimum wage jobs doing something in the TV industry now so when you graduate you will have something TV-related to put on your resume. Plus, this would be a good way to make some contacts and start networking.

• Russ

Wow, you could finish this degree and start taking class for another degree or go and switch majors and continue that way. or keep going on your career and find your local public access channel and start volunteering or do an internship. Good Luck

Johnsey,

Get your degree in bio and minor in film. Also, do as many work studies as you can in film. This will build your resume for when you get in the real world.

Change your major to Broadcasting/Film.