What is a synonym forsolar system???? help plz!!!!!!!!!♥?

i really want 2 know a good synonym for solar system,revolution,axis,rotation,space probe,coment,astroid,satellite help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~*~♥ thanks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The solar system includes all the planets, asteroids, comets, and satellites orbiting the sun. I don't think there has been any other term used for this collection.

I have heard some novelists refer to "Sol's family" or "the sun's family". Since our sun doesn't have another name, its a little hard to come up with another term.

• 1 decade ago

Star systems = solar systems = sun systems = stellar systems

Notice that solar system can be either our star system with the Sun at the center or other star systems around other stars. Check this:

"solar system n. often Solar System

The sun together with the nine [SIC] planets and all other celestial bodies that orbit the sun.

A system of planets or other bodies orbiting another star." [See source.]

In fact, the word "solar" comes from the Latin word for sun, which is sol. So when we speak of a solar system, we are talking about a sun system. But Sun, with the capital S, is the proper name of our star. And sun, without the capital s, is often used in lieu of star.

Source(s): http://www.answers.com/topic/solar-system for two definitions of solar system
  • 1 decade ago

i dont know what you are asking...

solar system = sun system

revolution = orbit

axis = tilt

rotation = spin

probe = exploration

comet = ice-like satellite

asteroid = rock-like satellite

satellite = moons / planets / comets / asteroids

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hot Stuff and the Eight Spinners

Could be a band name....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sol system - the proper star name for our sun is "sol"

• 1 decade ago

Presumably you should know this for your school work; if you don't, you clearly don't understand the concepts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.