How high can your credit score be?

When dad showed me copy of his becon score it was 938. I figured that this was a good score, cause it was my dad...I was at the bar the other day, sittin' having a beer. The subject of credit came up. I told the fella that my dads becon score. He said that I must be mistaken, because the score does not go that... show more When dad showed me copy of his becon score it was 938. I figured that this was a good score, cause it was my dad...I was at the bar the other day, sittin' having a beer. The subject of credit came up. I told the fella that my dads becon score. He said that I must be mistaken, because the score does not go that high. I explained to him that I saw the score myself. He basically said that I was a liar. Anyway, I told him that he was an idiot, and I finished my beer. I have seen the regular chart that only goes to 850, but I know that it is possible for it to be higher than that. Is there anyone out there that knows the highest possible rating? Is there one?
Update: LMOA---see what I mean. People are saying that 850 is the highest rate that you can get, when I know this to be false. I am sure that there are closed minded people that believe everything that they read, but it is possible for the score to go even higher. So far...no one has the answer I am looking for..lol