O.K. asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

What is a good face wash?

I don't have bad acne or anything, I have periodical breakouts and I really would like to know an affordable face wash that truly prevents breakouts. I've tried almost every product and nothing helps.

• Wendy
    Favorite Answer

I have been using Noxzema cream original in the blue tub for years and I love it and is cheap.

1

Source(s): Holistic Acne Treatment Guide : http://AcneCure.zourg.com/?rEQK

Well in theroy, water works best. Why? Cuz you you wonder why breakouts comes about, thats becuz you removed the layer of oil that is present on your skin. Obviously, thats when your skin starts to reproduce more. Too much excessive oil, blotted, thus pimples. Same problem for ppl who dun wash up their make-up at the end of everyday.

But if you stilll want to consider facial wash, get something that is neutral in pH value. In addition, use only a pinkie fingertip of foam. DO NOT OVERUSE! Too much foam, too much alkaline, too dry for skin! Next start rubbing your palms of the fingertip of foam until there is enough for your face. DO NOT APPLY PRESSURE ON YOUR FACE, treat it gently. Wash up, and apply moisturiser if you need. Toner if you need but pick brands that dun contain alchol (drys up skin) - eg. CLINIQUE.

For emergency outbreaks, use CLINIQUE's anti-blemish solutions night treatment gel. Does the job well by getting rid of pimples within 2 days. For acne bumps, it will take a 1week. Been using this product since secondary school and now I am 22.

Source(s): My mama's trial and errors on his SON!

Noxzema. If u use it regular its awesome. I have tried so much stuff. Once ur face gets used to it if it helps u like me u will love it. You have to use it for awhile cause at first I broke out more but after a few weeks I never use ne thing else. Its also bad to switch alot to different cleansers. My skin doctor said the less stuff in the product the less it irritates ur problem skin. Good luck girl sometimes its the simpilist of face cleaners.

Spectro Jel....dermatologists recommend it, and it's affordable. And also make sure your exfoliating 2-3 times a week, and using a toner and moisturizer day and night.

Whatever you do don't use soap! The reason being....you have a protective layer on your face called the acid mantle and that prevents bacteria getting into your skin and by using soap your stripping that protective layer off.

The best brand is Neutrogena. Personally Clean&Clear is not very good. St. Ives face scrub works wonders and smells great.

Also if you do break out put some lemon on it. It's really itchy and stings but it works really well to dry out acne.

I love the Hylunia line. For normal skin with an oily T zone the cleansing gel is the best. This product is all natural, has no preservatives or parabins. your skin will love it and you will notice a major difference in less then 3 days.

abput 7 years ago, when i was a teenager, my dermatologist told me to steer clear of thise "teenage" facewashes like clearisil, clean and clear, neutrogina, stuff like that...his advice was to use plain old IVORY soap. It is clean and pure and ust plain old white soap. It works, i have normal skin like yours and it workes like a charm for the past 7 years.

Try it, then try using those "teenage" products for a week and i guarentee you break out.

Also, always use a face lotion even if you have oily skin and make sure you buy one with oil, not oil free...everyone needs some oil.

Also try using st. ives apricot face scrub only 2 times a week...it is the nicest thing...but only 2 times a week, not daily. You face doesnt produce enough dead skin to use it more than that.

Try the IVORY soap, it is SUPER cheap and the purest, nicest thing for your face!

• Jess

I wash my face everyday, but when the "lovely time of the month" comes the pimples appear. I've wondered it too, I've used a bunch of face washes but nothing seems to work around that time.

Well if you don't want to go out and use pro-active, because that stuff will mess up your skin if you stop using it, use the clearasel foam or oxy face wash, but the oxy will take a couple of days.