Lying Brother in law?

Alright my BIL moved here a few years ago. He used to work for the carnival and just kind of landed here. He refuses to file his income taxes, and when he and my sister got married they had my mum go online and get licensed to perfprm wedding ceremonies. I am guessing so he didnt have to prove who he was to a courthouse or anything. He treats my sister like she is a slave. and if I mention any of this to her she gets pretty upset because there kid is sick and she cant really handle it now. Is there any way that I can find out what this guys deal is?

Favorite Answer

I can tell that you really love and care about your sister. If I were you, I would stay out it-it really doesn't involve you. However, just be there for your sister in case she needs you.

Check around online and see what you can find out you can always report him anonymous to the authorities the IRS loves that and they don't give anything away to who it was. Then she can move on and have a better life for her and the child

Even if your mom preformed the ceremony they would have had to go to the county office to request a marriage licence, they make you show ID for who you are there. If they did not get a licence then I don't think they are legally married.

Source(s): I have been married 3 times and had to go get a licence each time.
  • AnnieD

Whether or not their marriage is legal, they do have a child together. Your sister made a choice; the best you can do is be supportive of her and her sick child.

There are many websites that you can go on and do a background check on him. Some may charge a small fee.

If your sister is old enough to be married, then you need to butt out and let her live her own life.

Do you want someone butting into yours?

• JohnS

He is an asshole..... You can try and do a Google search on his name and you may come up with something but otherwise you are limited in what you can do....

• you can go to the court system of whatever state you are in and find out his info. put him in the system and see what dirt u can dig...i do it