? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

how did mouse get its name? om computer?

how did computer mice get the name mouse?

Favorite Answer

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_mouse

A computer mouse is used to give commands to the computer, including moving the cursor. It got its name because the wire coming out of the end of the first computer mice reminded people of the tail of a real mouse. It has anywhere from 1 to 6 buttons to click. Some mice have a scroll wheel too.

The first mice on the market (if mice is correct) looked like a mouse with a tail! Wireless mice were not available then. Some people even painted eyes on them.

• Sunny

Its name is derived from its shape, which looks a bit like a mouse, its connecting wire that one can imagine to be the mouse's tail, and the fact that one must make it scurry along a surface.

Plugger. Cos I discovered this fancy new trick the place I strap on my BMX helmet and pads, sit down on the lil critter and sliiide it lower back and forth around the chair. you could no longer call it surfing the internet, it somewhat is extra like coastline bumming somewhat. Bumming the internet this style is piles extra exciting than a pogo stick at a hopscotch tourniment...... so yep, plugger is what i could call it, yea. It has it somewhat is drawbacks even with the undeniable fact that, like after ingesting one in each and every of my women' properly-properly-known curried baked beans sandwiches. it somewhat is while the scroll wheel can mysteriously flow from nought to warp velocity with out even laying a hand on it. strange huh? and you do no longer even wanna understand how I worked out a thank you to click the left and top buttons. .

It was coined at the Stanford Research Institute, who thought the original device resembled a rodent, and the cord attached to the back looked like a tail.

Because great amazing blazing purple aardvarks would have been a downright silly name for something that looks like a mouse.

Source(s): opinion

And the wireless or infa-red mouses or mice, the blind man chopped off its tail

.

LOOK at it...The mouse with the wire running out the back looks like a mouse with a tail.

;) h2h

it looks like a mouse Hey my mouse is getting away *chases*

i am a new yahoo user ,i sell some product on yahoo .

this is my yahoo store http://www.llpshop168.com/ ,if i bother you ,i hope you can forgive me ,thank you for your time .i hope you can give me some suggest about my product.