How to be a web page programme?

Any book or thinks I need to know? Please help.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Learn HTML and CSS, and learn them well. Learn to hand-code both of these languages before you start using visual editors.

Learn about image formats for the Web, and find out about the W3C's standards for Web technologies such as HTML and CSS.

If you want to do dynamically generated stuff, learn SQL and a server-side scripting language such as PHP; also investigate the Fusebox framework ( http://www.fusebox.org/ ). If you want to do flashy front-end stuff, learn JavaScript (preferably with the help of David Flanagan's book JavaScript: The Definitive Guide).

Remember that not everyone uses the same browser or operating system that you do, and that your Web pages should work regardless of the client's configuration.

Use anything but Internet Explorer as your standard testing browser. IE doesn't follow the W3C standards very well. I recommend Firefox or Safari.

And above all, have fun!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Absolutely start with XHTML and CSS, and then move on to JavaScript right afterward. Strictly speaking, XHTML and CSS are not programming languages at all, but a method of markup that is interpreted by the browser. JavaScript is much closer to a conventional programming language, though. Once you've learned those, Macromedia Flash isn't a bad idea either.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You'll have to learn HTML/CSS

Start with xanga or 50megs. You can create your own website and 50megs.com for free. I suggest working with xanga skins or with xanga layouts first though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.