Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

How do most girls in Russia keep skinny?

No stupid answers please... if you are from Russia or Eastern Europe, I would love to see your answer to my question.

Favorite Answer

I live in Russia. The reasons are 1) there is far less junk food in Russia. People eat fish, eggs, bread, soup, usually home-made, no ready-meals, vast majority of Russia has no fast-food restaurants.

2) It's really cold, so they burn it off. That is true. Since I've lived here I've lost about 10 kg without dieting, exercising and I've been drinking loads.

3) The one thing most people don't know is that unlike western girls who age and gain weight gradually, Russian girls go from slim and beautiful to old, fat babyshkas literally overnight. Happens around 45. Bang.

Just in response to some other posts: The vast majority of people here have plenty to eat. No-one is starving. It's true what a couple of posts have said about smoking. Russians smoke massively more than Americans. I know (I hope) that it was a joke but the majority of Russian men are neither hairy, nasty or arrogant. I have a Russian boyfriend and love him more than I've loved anyone else ever.

You are without doubt an smart and articulate character. I could not bet your dad's reasons - if he demands a girl in his lifestyles, there are thousands of them - why a pungent, loopy one? But I am extra worried approximately you than your dad. You had been actually killing your self to get his awareness and check out to exert a few manipulate over a chaotic challenge. I'm pondering why, for anyone as expressive and articulate as your self, the communique among you and your father is so deficient. Simply placed, have you ever requested your dad those questions you're asking us? Have you ever requested him why he's settling on Crazy over you, since that is what he is doing. You ought to have an overly severe, take a seat down dialogue with him. Tell him that you just are not seeking to again him right into a nook, but when she's going to be any facet of his lifestyles, then in your possess protection and sanity, you cannot are living with him anymore. Your dad will make anything option he makes, and also you ought to be powerful adequate not to permit your self be destroyed through anything that option is. You have plenty to present and you're going to have a pleasant lifestyles wherein you name the pictures in some way that's healthful, as an alternative of unsafe to you, however you are now not going to get there ravenous your self in a fruitless try to get your dad's priorities immediately. If he hasn't figured the ones out through now, the unhappy truth is that he would possibly not ever do. At the tip of the day, you cannot manipulate your dad, and also you cannot difference him. The best character you'll be able to difference is you.

Im from Russian Armenia. Its their culture and in their genes that keeps them skinny. For example; Most of the food that they eat comes from nature without added chemicals for extended life of product such as the pork, beef, poultry; the public transportation is widely used that means they have to walk a mile or two to get to bus stop, then back. Unlike us the longest walk is from home to the car in the garage or from the car to the market, plus there is always a problem finding "good spot" which means right in front of the front doors of the market.

I am not from these countries...but I think as with a lot of european countries people walk more. We drive everywhere. Walk everywhere u are able to. Park at the end of parking lots. Walk to the store when possible. There was a study done that the average european women walks well above the recommended 10000 steps a day...american women don't

Are most people skinny there? I would think that most countries would be thinner than Americans, were lazy with an abundant supply of food!

i know a russian girl and she says its from her genes..everyone in her family is tall and skinny, and despite her voracious eating habits she stays incredibly thin

if i knew i will not be 95 stones !!!

u had 2 make me depressed again !

i am not russian but my best friend is and she is REALLY REALLY skinny the reason was to her solution was she is a profesional gymnest.

eurpoeans eat smaller portions than we do

they smoke a ton