How to make your hands smoother?

Update:

i heard if you mix vineger and water together and soak your hands in it...your hands get softer...is it true??

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's a home remedy---

1/3 cup of raw white sugar,

2 tablespoons of vanilla,

2 tablespoons of oil (olive, peanut or any vegetable oil(Wesson)

Mix all in a bowl and "wash" your hands with the mixture like you are using it as a soap for about 2 minutes. Rinse well in WARM water.Be sure and use around your nails as it well help the cuticles. It makes your hands smooth/soft and smell great!

• 1 decade ago

Apply a good hand lotion such as Vaseline Intensive Care Water Resistant, after washing dishes, before bed.

During winter, keep a small version in purse or car and apply more often since the cold weather sets our skin up to become dry and chapped. I also like Jergen's Cherry Almond for a good moisturizer with a pleasant scent.

• 1 decade ago

Exfoliate your hands nightly with a scrub (like St. Ives Apricot scrub). Be sure you're getting enough vitamin C every day (best directly from oranges - not just the juice. Vitamin C promotes collagen which helps keep your skin smooth.) At night, use an intense cream on your hands and sleep with cotton gloves. And of course, moisturize regularly during the day.

• 1 decade ago

Use a lotion without mineral oil. Palmer's cocoa butter works best for me. Slather your hands in lotion then put on a pair of gloves and sleep that way overnight. One or two nights and your skin will be really soft. Keep applying lotion every day, especially after washing your hands. Mineral oil and anti-bacterial lotions can dry out your hands.

Source(s): personal experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to a drug store and get a pair of white cotton gloves. Before going to bed at night, wash your hands then put on Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Put on the gloves and go to bed. When you wake up the next morning, your hands will be so incredibly soft. You can do the same for your feet too.

• 1 decade ago

Apply moisturizing cream. You can also put cocoa butter lotion, and if you want to make a moisturizing cream yourself...mush up an avocado and spread it over your hands...let it settle for about 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water - it's a great natural moisturizer and smoothes skin instantly.

• 1 decade ago

Epen Salts with baby oil and your favorite parfume mixed together. Wash off then use a lotion for dry skin, this works great and can be used on the whole body, to get rid of ewwy dry skin.

Source(s): Softer Hands
  • 1 decade ago

A Satin Hands kit from Mary Kay does wonders.

• 1 decade ago

u can use a parafin wax machine or try putting a bunch of lotion on but then put your hands in latex type gloves and leave them on while sleeping or watching tv... it'll make them soft... or you can use 1/2 part water and 1/2 part white vinegar... use a guaze like material to soak it in... then wipe your hands all over... it slothes off the dead skin.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try vaseline or lotion. Vinegar can dry your skin out plus it burns my hands whenever I use it for cucumbers.

My mother uses vaseline and it works great but it is so sticky. I use any lotion with oatmeal in it, it works like a charm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.