how is nutrients, waste and respiratory gases transported to and from blood and tissue space?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Capillaries are perforated just for that purpose. They are moved by concentration gradients, primarily.

• 1 decade ago

Red blood cells actually tumble and oxygen molecules and CO2 molecules adhere to the surface, and then eventually make their way back to the lungs where the CO2 is removed and the Oxygen is bound to the surface. Each organ has its own chemical exhange mechanism that puts sugars and chemicals into the blood, or removes them. The key is to balance the different actions or the body gets ill. Uniform distribution of blood flow helps make sure that all the organs get acess to all the blood, which is why exercise helps keep you healthy. Healing from any injury is accelerated if you can increase blood flow, although you have to make sure that you don't increase the damage.

• 1 decade ago

the nutrients, waste and respiratory gases travel through the arteries then into smaller vessels called capillaries and difuses in and out of the tissue cells then back in the blood again

• 4 years ago

Wow this sounds like a worksheet i had 2 years in the past in AP Biology. i'm so chuffed i'm no longer in severe college anymore. I guess you they are on your text cloth e book and/or form those in a seek bar on line. i prefer to have the skill to respond to all of those, yet i'm no longer there in my college point bio direction. I merely understand the fundamentals and not what each and every thing is noted as. As for evolutionary advancment %. 4 animals incorporate issues like their length. This makes a huge distinction of their respiratory systems. And elephant desires plenty extra oxygen than say a mouse does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.