I have been applying for some jobs that require that I send a salary?

I have been applying for some jobs that require that I send a salary

history. I have never had to send a salary history so I am new at that

part of the job hunting game. Do they want an actual salary history of

every job that I have ever had? do they want it in written form like a

reference letter? or, are they just looking for what I want to make?

any advice would be great.

• Mn
    Favorite Answer

They want you to tell them what your gross salary was. They are looking for big jumps in pay which would indicate excellent performance or dips in pay that would indicate that they need to look further. It is their job to verify your salary although they may ask you to do it.

In addition they want to make sure that they are not giving you too big an increase.

I try to avoid supplying this information. I want a job at a market salary - not too high or too low. Not one based on a prior salary.

The salary/remuneration for a particular job is the market value for a particular profession and designation at the city/town where the office is located. Job postings at websites like Monster, Yahoo HotJobs and Careerbuilder carry information about salaries. The Govt Dept of Labor, (www.bls.gov) Bureau of statistics has information about median salaries for different professions and details of additional compensation offered. Other online resources are salary.com and payscale. Your salary will also depend on your educational qualification and how you handle your career. More details and links to relevant websites available at http://tinyurl.com/rndxq

I think what they are after is the history of your employment in terms of increasing responsibility commensurate with salary. Surely they already have an idea what they will offer, so show them your history. It may play a part in negotiations but so what? If you are qualified for the job and they want you there's room to wiggle.

Tip: Don't lie. It will bite you later.

History would indicate past salaries, not what you want to make in the future. This is pretty standard, send them the last 5 years, not your lifetime.

you need to earnings from the interview practice in the journey that they do opt for to interview you. What in the journey that they DO employ you, may you tell them "Wait, i opt to end college". Or may you stop interior the midst of your software? it really is my understanding that maximum sociology style majors require some style of internship/put up commencement intern style study. you've gotten problem searching a pastime you're objectivly qualified for previous to commencement.