Does anyone know how to calculate the total thermal (radiant) flux emitted by the human body?

Favorite Answer

I think you need to know the temperature of your skin and the air around you, you would have to assume either body heat loss is due to radiation, convection. Its probably both, but it would be easier to assume one. I think it would be okay to assume radiant heat loss, use equation: Q/(A*t)=(5.67*10^-11)*(T1^4 - T2^4),

where T1 is body temp, T2 is surrounding temp in Kelvin, therefore your answer is in W/(m2)

Build a small insulated room and install a swing. Measure the room's initial temperature. Enter room and sit on the swing to eliminate conduction with the floor. Measure the temperature of the room every ten minutes until it stabilizes. Calculate how much thermal energy it takes to raise the room's volume the recorded temperature and you will find out how much thermal energy was given off by the person.

Hi

I have na idea.

maybe you can first calculate the total area of body and from eq:Q=sima*A*(T^4)that T(kelvin)

• Cirric

Hi. I have read that it is about 100 watts.

about 300 BTUH