What should I have done?

I was climbing a ladder.. for no reason.. i got halfway up and decided i didnt want to go up anymore or down... so i just stood there.. and finally i realized i had my cell with me and i called 911.. the fire department had to come and get me down... what should I hace done??

Favorite Answer

you should have shouted, "mission accomplished" and just stayed put for no reason at all.

First of all, not to be rude, but I don't see why you were climbing the ladder in the first place. That's OK. I do stuff like that sometimes too - just starting something random for no reason. Some people do things without knowing why and then get scared halfway through. I think you did the right thing. Admittedly, you could have just climbed down, but sometimes people's brains just block things out - there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way people are. It's OK that you did that.

Taken a few deep breaths. Stare straight ahead of you and not have looked down. Thought rationally about the situation and then slowly climbed back down. Anything other than call 911 really. At least you gave the fire department a good story.

Well seeing that you were not afraid of hights cause you decided to go up the ladder in the first place for no apperant reason you should have had no problems climbing down. You should of not wasted the fire departments money and time and all of the tax payers cause you could not get your self down for no reason anyways. Or if you got some sort of random fear asked for someone around you to help you come down.

I think you had a slight panic attack while on the ladder. That is a lot more common than you think.

You did the right thing. Your neighbors would have called 911 the next day after taking pictures.

• -

Went down, now you are going to get a big bill in the mail from the fire department, every town is different, but ours is a minimum of $500.00 for the trip charge...oops

Did you get a dizzy spell or something like that? Usually when I climb up things such as a ladder I get dizzy--kinda like Vertigo or Headfall. That is probably what happened, correct?

Take deep breaths and walked slowly down the ladder.

Went down, common sence.

went down