Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do people find the supreme emergency exemption unjust in war?

Just war was founded on the basis of Thomas's natural law. One of the part's of natural law justifies killing a killer, or in other words, doing the wrong onto the killer. So if one side in a war breaks the rules of engagement, such as killing civilians, then isn't it just to kill civilians by the other side, only if it is for the common good?

Update:

rational conservative, by that i said if it is a strategy for victory, and not just for shits and giggles

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't happen to think so and International law does not allow this type of behavior but can it maybe win a war in some circumstances?

Probably but we'd betray our values and our humanity.

If we do that maybe we have already lost before one shot is fired.

• 1 decade ago

The problem with Thomas' natural law is that it has no place in a civilized world. Isn't it obvious this type of behavior violates every level of the Geneva Convention...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you propose raping the child of a child rapist?

Innocence is key.

If we intentionally killed civilians then we would be terrorists, there is no denying that fact. That is the definition of a terrorist. The sad thing is that would be state-sponsored terrorism. By the way, I'm not accusing anybody of anything, I'm just stating that's what would happen if it were intentional.

• Bawney
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

OK terrific!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.