Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

what is the best over-the-counter cold medicine?

i have a nasty cold. stuffy nose, headache, coughing.

i need to be better by tomorrow

Favorite Answer

I don't know if you will be better tomorrow, but Alka-Seltzer Plus works wonders. There is cold, cold and cough, cold and flu and I can't remember what else.

Sudafed from behind the counter helped my husband when nothing else would for his sinus issues.

Try Vicks, use a vaporizer, drink plenty of orange juice and sleep as much as you can. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

1

Source(s): Get 24/7 Physician Consultations : http://onlinephysician.neatprim.com/?xuxt

well. there's a huge difference in taking a pill for a cold, and taking two packs to get high. They should keep better track of those buying. It's crazy. I've seen people walk up to the pharmacy, completely high out of their mind. Ask for cough meds, show ID, sign the paper, and leave no problem. It's basically meth. I've seen people throw their lives away to cough and cold medicine. It makes them feel invincible. Like anything they do is ok, and they wont get hurt or in trouble. It can make you violent. Something as simple as wanting a cherry lollipop and only having grape, can send them on a violent rampage. Look into John Emil List (New Jersey) He wasnt on cough meds.

Take a hot steam bath or shower as long and hot as you can take it. As you are doing this brush you teeth real good with Hydrogen peroxide, and poor some in your ears for about 30 second then change ears, to show this is working you will notice that each time you do this the bubbling sound will get less, mean it is working.

Then NyQuil works And Tequila, great stuff only use it when i feel bad. And sleep well. Do this you be better I hope by tomorrow.

Source(s): It is what I do and I been blessed with great health.

The experts say to only treat the symptoms you have, as in "If you have a dry cough, use an expectorant." That said, it sounds like you've got the whole gamut. The generic version of NyQuil (WAY cheaper) has worked for me in the past - at least I get some rest. You can switch over to something less complicated when you're less sick. Zinc and extra vitamin C have their proponents, but my doctor says that it will be over when it's over. Remember that you don't want to spread disease - colds spread from contact with mucous and aerosol particles. Use lots of tissue and wash your hands a lot!

Alka-Selzter Plus Cold Medicine is the best I have ever taken. Sudafed 12 hour is good too.

get the sudafed with pseudoephedrine (it's behind the counter), and some nasal drops (not the saline solution, the other ones. remember ot use sparingly.) try aleve (naproxen) for the headache; my gf had prescriptions of the stuff (500 mg prescription = 2 OTC pills) for foot pain; i took two of those for a headache, and my headache never returned.

Nyquil works, as long as you get the kind with real pseudoephedrine in it. The other stuff isn't worth a thing.

NyQuil for me has always worked wonders; that and it knocks you out, so you'll definitely get some sleep which always helps.

For me i get along with THeraflu for $5.00 at walmart takes every aches ,fever and next day you will fell brand NEW.

GOOD LUCK P.S. its liquid okay?its nasty