Literally, the word “Muslim” means a person who?

a. struggles.

b. submits.

c. recites.

d. chants.

• Dirty
    Favorite Answer

Submit and believe in God.

One who practices the 5 pillars of Islam and believes in the fundamentals of faith. One can become a Muslim by saying; "Ashadhu An Laa ilaha illa Allah, wa ashadhu anna Muhammad ar-rasulullah." This means, " I bear witness that no deity has the right to be worshipped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Final Messenger." All Prophets preceding Muhammad were Muslims. This includes Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and Jesus. Is there a doubt that these Prophets did not submit their will to the Creator? Allah says in the Qur’an:

" Abraham was neither a Jew or a Christian, but he was a true Muslim and he was not of the idolaters." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 3, Verse 67.

It is important to note that other religions are derived from the name of a place or a person. Examples of this are: Judaism is derived from the tribe of Judah, Hinduism is from the Indus River, Buddhism is from Goutam Buddha and Christianity is from Jesus Christ. Islam is the only revealed religion and way of life that directly attaches its worshippers to the servitude of the Creator.

Casper P D - the word islam means peace. get your facts straight. and a muslim is someone who submits to god

muslims who:

*struggles: for the goodness, rightness, justice(meaning of the word jihad).

*submits: to only one god.

*recits: the Quran (true word of god) and do what he orders in it.

I know that the word 'islam' means submission. Not sure whether the word 'muslim' means the same.

believes there is one true god and his name is Allah.

They also all act and think in the same way a bit like the borg in Star Trek.

I'm being sarcastic in case your American and/or stupid.

I beleive submits his will to God.

b. Submits to God.

• dreamz

b

b. submits. But the God they submit to is not the real God.