Do you agree?

Do we place to much emphasis on physical beauty, when it is so much more deeper than that?

• Favorite Answer

YES...I used to be in the glamour/model photography business and I would work with some shallow people (some others had depth though)..

This society puts so much pressure on looks...therefore those caught in it will have hard self esteem problems...

Once one loves themself for who they are...they can love others for who they are inside and out..

I agree whole hearted. Our society has become shallow and pretentious. We are drawn to beauty and beautiful things. I believe this is inherent in all of us. Just as we are attracted to beautiful art, landscapes, colors and so on. It is sad that so many put so much on appearance and so many hide behind appearance only to find out too late that the unseen is what really has the power to affect us inside where it matters. Your question is Do you agree? My answer is yes I do agree. It's good to know there area others who think beyond the wrapping. There are a lot of gag gifts out there. You are wise - good for you.

Attraction to physical beauty is in all of us from birth if not sooner. We are attracted to physical beauty because it is our way of ensuring our attraction to healthy mates that can reproduce, thus ensuring attractive offspring that are loved and not abandonded. The features we desire in our mate will reflect those features in your children is also natures way of ensuring attraction to your offspring and hopefully your love and care of your own offspring, as you must also be attracted to and love your offspring for their good health and beauty right?

Of course manufacturers and retailer's are also aware of this and exploit our natural tendencies to sell us their products. So if you object to a companies, advertising tactics, you should not buy their product and inform them if it really upsets you. On the other hand if is programming for enjoyment you can always turn it off, walk out etc.

Source(s): Darwin's Theory of Species
  • ?

Physical beauty is important anyone who say they don't care about it is a liar, but personality is more important than is often given credit for.

yes, that is why a lot of people are unhappy with there selves because they don't look like someone on t.v.fact is if it was not for fake hair make up we don't look all that attracted,so we must love who we are on the inside because that is where the attraction comes from in the long run.

YES!!!! the reason y we do that is becuz we r the species that likes to pleas other ppl w/ things that rnt important. we r really the only species on earth that does that if thats saying anything

i do agree cause beauty is on the inside not on the outside

yes I agree 100%

no way, physical beauty is really all that matters

yeah we do.